I doubt that I agree with the Black Justice League about much. However, I agree with some of what it argues in this statement in response to the removal of Woodrow Wilson’s name from Princeton’s school of public policy.
I agree that:
1. The Wilson-related name change is a “symbolic gesture” that does not address Princeton’s “racist status quo”;
2. “Diversity training” would not accomplish anything;
3. Princeton’s actions are a “cosmetic change”;
4. Princeton has a racist past and a racist present;
5. Statements by Princeton’s president Christopher Eisgruber regarding the name change do not appear to be sincere.
This is only a snippet of a Politics Article written by Paul Mirengoff
Read Full Political Article
This Content is Generated from RSS Feeds, if your content is featured and you would like to be removed, please Contact Us With your website address and name of site you wish to be removed from.
You can control what content is distributed in your RSS Feed by using your Website Editor.